Many an online travel ‘what if? was considered before Wuhu was born and like many startups it’s based on the premise that there must be a better way.
- What if it were approached from the traveller’s point of view – loves, hates and desire when travelling
- What if it were destination rather than origin oriented
- What if I didn’t have to start from scratch every time I logged in
- What if it could save a trip plan for later completion
- What if there was a site that had no inventory to push
The startup’s team is currently 16, including a five-strong board, and key members include boss Terry Gilliam, chief operating officer James Vaile, tech boss Ajith Pillai, marketing boss Jim Russell and general counsel Paul Remus.
Wuhu is funded by 20 shareholders who are, for the most part, travel executives or investment professionals and it’s going after a slice of the Expedia/Travelocity/Priceline pie.
READ THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Wuhu wants to disrupt the original disruptors and make travel easy | Tnooz.